Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Fade Into You (Mazzy Star Cover) BY Chakuna Machi Asa

 


Fade Into You (Mazzy Star Cover)

BY

Chakuna Machi Asa

Written by

Steve Sheppard

 

There are times when we are surprised musically by an artist; Chakuna Machi Asa has just done this to me, but I have to say I love it completely, I had been used to the artist presenting wonderfully natural new age music, but here on this new track she took me right back in time 50 years ago, to an all-time classic released by Bob Dylan and Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door, but the reality is of course a cover of the Mazzy Star release from the year of 1993.

The instrumentational brilliance contained on this new single was sublimely added, presented and produced, but to me that would be no shock as the magical hand of the genius that is David Vito Gregoli was at hand.

It was so good to hear Chakuna’s vocals; those mournful raspy qualities will touch the hearts and minds of the listener, as will heartfelt the lyrics. Here is a song that breaks the mould and offers up a wonderfully exciting light rock, soulful folk styled ballad for the artist and her listeners, personally I love it to bits and I hope you will do to.

Fade Into You (Mazzy Star Cover) by Chakuna Machi Asa also has that rare but addictive quality about its arrangement, you may well find yourself listening to this superb cover song multiple times before you actually realise that you are, a thoroughly recommended new single indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment