Monday, November 20, 2023

Slipped Away By Michelle Qureshi

 


Slipped Away

By

Michelle Qureshi

Written by

Steve Sheppard

 

When I gaze at my work list and see the name Michelle Qureshi, I know my day is going to be fulfilled with utterly sublime acoustic music of a wonderfully high quality, then speaking as a music lover, I know that the next few minutes are probably going to be the most reflective I will have this week, and with her new release entitled Slipped Away I could not have been more right.

The tender touch of Michelle I am sure brings out the most tenderness of tones from her guitar, the gentle fingerstyle doubly so, we could always be in a wonderland of musical bliss with this magical creation. Qureshi always manifests great mood and reflective moments with her compositions; this is not an easy skill, but one she most certainly has in abundance.

Within Slipped Away we are gifted another wondrous moment to sit back in the quiet of the afternoon, and watch the dust dancing with the filtered sanguine autumn light that cascades in through the open curtains. This beautiful new creation is another segment of artistic intelligence and sublime acoustic craft, Qureshi doesn’t just play the notes, she feels each and everyone of them.

And we have even more to look forward to, as this is one of 18 multi-instrumental tracks that will make up a brand new album from the artist called "A Day On Venus", which is realeasing in 2024!


No comments:

Post a Comment