Thursday, November 16, 2023

Finding Annie By Terry Lee Nichols

 



Finding Annie

By

Terry Lee Nichols

Written by

Steve Sheppard

 

I personally found this new single by Terry Lee Nichols incredibly emotional, it’s called Finding Annie and it is one of the most beautiful solo piano creations I think I have heard this year. The artist is perhaps known more for his amazing works that include orchestration and added instrumentation, but here on this new single he manifests something that is utterly moving and deeply emotive.

I sat rooted to the moment whilst this passionate song played, and then I remembered an old movie from 1980 called Somewhere in Time, and I thought that this composition would be perfect for a romantic fantasy film like the aforementioned big screen picture.

Terry Lee Nichols is a pianist who plays with his heart on his sleeve and here on Finding Annie he manifests such a heartfelt moment of musical magic, and with such intense honesty. The power and fluency of the artist’s performance here is both remarkable and technically superior, we can literally feel the passion and the tenderness flow from the keys. This is without doubt a classy composition, and I will be amazed if it doesn’t break into the top 5 of the chart with ease. It is also going to be a track on his album Love Is, which is coming in 2024!

No comments:

Post a Comment