Thursday, June 8, 2023

Sailing to a Sunset By Suzanne Herman

 


Sailing to a Sunset

By

Suzanne Herman

Written by

Steve Sheppard

 

Suzanne Herman is a wonderful pianist, she is one of a few pianists who can literally take me to a location through her music, and allow me to thoroughly enjoy the experience through her crafted presentations. Here on her brand new single entitled Sailing to a Sunset, we have just that and more.

However I never expected the emotional response my mind would give me during a most emotive listening experience, until I realised that although I live on the other side of the world, the sunsets of both Cyprus and Florida are very similar, it is a time each day when people simply stop in their tracks for around half an hour, and watch a beautiful orange orb disappear below the oceanic horizon, memorized in beauty.

This new single for me was and in fact is an anthem for that moment, and I would go as far to say that Suzanne’s sublime piano performance is a reminder to us all to stop and appreciate our lives and our planet, so we can literally drink in the gratitude and that moment.

Her presentation is a moving opus of piano brilliance, she paints the sunset, she manifests tones that show the gentle moment of the sun, and the changing textures of the sky, and her manifestation brings that all together in a melodic and incredibly emotional arrangement. This folks is descriptive piano music at its very best, this is most certainly one you really should not miss at all costs.


No comments:

Post a Comment