Tuesday, January 31, 2023

What'll I Do By Rick Sparks

 


What'll I Do

By

Rick Sparks

Written by

Steve Sheppard

 

This is one of those moments that you never want to end, I remembered this old Irving Berlin classic from 1923 What'll I Do, and specifically a version sung so beautifully by Julie London in 1956, so my wife and I took a few moments out to sing a few bars, it was indeed a most treasured and twinkling life segment.

This version by Rick is special, he has taken an absolute classic and manifested into the universe, a wonderfully warm instrumental version in only the way Rick Sparks can do, with gentle flowing keyboards, ethereal choirs and serene and tranquil keyboards; if this song isn’t a massive hit in the charts there is not justice in the world, Sparks can take a tune and elevate its heart and soul like no other, this is the best 5 minutes I have spent for a long while.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your kind review, Steve - much appreciated! https://ricksparks.hearnow.com/whatll-i-do

    ReplyDelete