Friday, January 21, 2022

Ascending Moon By Brian Kelly

 


Ascending Moon

By

Brian Kelly

Written by

Steve Sheppard

 

A wonderful weave of musical patterns chords and structures, can be found on this brand new single by Brian Kelly entitled Ascending Moon. When I heard the first few bars of this new release I was stunned and also elated to listen to what in my view, is without doubt, the best composition I have ever heard from the artist.

This is the exciting mix of ambient and new age styles I had longed to hear, a mix of Michael Harrison meets Harold Budd, in what has to be one of the most crafted, colourful and memorable solo piano single offerings for many, many years, its pace and tempo, the sparkling resonance of the arrangement, all of this and more, went to make up a glourious offering indeed, and one I truly acknowledge for its pure class.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment