Monday, May 1, 2023

Dawn Awakening By Richard Goldsworthy

 


Dawn Awakening

By

Richard Goldsworthy

Written by

Steve Sheppard

 

Speaking from a perspective of one who used to wake at 4am to go to work for some eight years or so, I can really relate to this piece, and that time of the morning I would say is the only time until recently, that I ever sampled the luxury of inner peace.

Here on Dawn Awakening Goldsworthy has created one of the most beautiful solo piano offerings I have heard for simply years, and in doing so, captured the sensitive and pristine energies of the early hours of a day, when humanity is barely moving, but nature is always blooming.

Richard’s gentle technique is both calming and creative, and a layer of emotional brilliance floats between each note and vibration, this musical moment of class truly is redolent of the subject matter, and what an absolute treat to get a solo piano single that’s just shy of four gorgeous minutes, well done sir, and I would go as far to say that Dawn Awakening by Richard Goldsworthy is easily the best solo piano single I have heard so far in 2023, it’s that good.


No comments:

Post a Comment