Monday, January 4, 2021

Haze on the Mountain By Eric Chapelle

 


Haze on the Mountain

By

Eric Chapelle

Written by

Steve Sheppard

 

This amazing new release by pianist and composer Eric Chapelle is a slice of musical genius that best sums up the start of this brand new year for me, if this is the standard of music that 2021 looks likely to offer, then it’s going to be one of the best years in the business I’ve had.

Chapelle is on a roll, and has once more has produced an extremely classy work with his new single Haze on the Mountain, a piece redolent of the subject matter, and I should know, I have two mountain ranges not that far from my home.

The flow is utterly beautiful, the composition, creation, symphonic gestures, string work and piano manifestations are sublime, with elements of Grieg’s Morning and even touches of Philip Glass. This is a master work by Eric Chapelle and a guaranteed Neo-Classical chart hit for certain, if I have ever heard one.



No comments:

Post a Comment