Monday, February 1, 2021

Music For empty Airports By Steve Sheppard

 


Music For empty Airports

By

Steve Sheppard

Written by

Steve Sheppard

 

Imagine yourself on a long flight home, you have heard that a pandemic has made its way across the world and everything is shutting down, all that you once took for granted is changing.

Music for Empty Airports was an important track for me, I walked out one early spring day and spotted an aircraft flying overhead, last year, I wouldn’t have noticed, now, it was a rarity to even see one. I have therefore cumulated a few things that in my life have fascinated me, to create a composition about this event.

Of course being a huge Brian Eno fan was part of the motivation, but also the desolation of sound and emptiness of life in the movie The Langoliers by Stephen King, played a small part as well. But the overall motivation was a memory of a journey to Atlanta Hartsfield Airport in the US, whilst waiting for my flight home in 2010, I sat at the bar and listened to a solo pianist playing for tips, I wondered if in the days of empty airports, his ghost may still be playing their now! However I offer up a hint of hope at the end of the track, so I hope you can enjoy my latest creation.

This would be my first attempt at combing Piano, electric Piano and synths, and of course I am ever so grateful to my dear friend Andy Rogers for his extra synthesiser work on this composition as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment