Monday, July 19, 2021

Minimalism No. 1, Venus by Raphaёl Novarina

 


Minimalism No. 1, Venus

by

Raphaёl Novarina

Written by

Chrissie Sheppard

 

Raphaёl Novarina is a name that is relatively new to me, but he is a composer that has been around for quite some time, composing in a variety of styles, but mainly contemporary classical piano, and this single Minimalism No. 1, Venus is a perfect example of that style.

The feeling that is poured into the music is a delight to listen to; this is quite a deep piece, even if only a short composition of around 2 minutes. Whilst listening to the music I can see an image of someone in an old French movie, perhaps in a moment of sadness after their loved one has just left them. I think this is because I can feel a sense of sadness deep within the music.

This one is part of a series of pieces called Minimalism, of which there are 7 in total. For me personally it was a great and colourful piece, which I just wish had gone on just a little bit longer, as I never really wanted to leave.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment